It’s (almost!) springtime, time for celebrating, and what better way than with a glass of bubbly? As the original classy drink, champagne is a great way to elevate any occasion, always with a hint of indulgence.
If you’re not considering champagne at your next event, you probably should. Here are some of our favorite excuses to do so.
- It’s Monday.
- Wedding bells are ringing… The classic event for toasting with champagne.
- New Year’s Eve, baby! The second-most obvious champagne occasion. No toast required but do have sparklers on-hand. P.S. Don’t forget March 25th is Old New Year’s Day and a perfectly good excuse for poppin’ bottles.
- It’s time to indulge. As F. Scott Fitzgerald once said, “Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right.” #Amentothat.
- No art exhibition is complete without it. Classy and chic, it’s the perfect drink to pair with modern art.
- The Brits got it right – Afternoon tea requires it. Traditionally, champagne appears at European afternoon teas, to complement various sweets and savouries.
- You feel like emulating greatness. Champagne was originally associated with royalty, and was one of Marie Antoinette’s favorite things. (Pair with cake.)
- You’re the host(ess) with the most(ess) and your dinner party demands it. Champagne and cheese make a decadent final course.
- It’s time to roast but all in good fun. The opposite of a toast, the roast warrants a lot of good-natured clinking.
- You got a raise – Shake your money-maker and raise your glass! No better way to go all out than pairing champagne and lobster.
- Up the ante at your next charity event. Sparkling wine makes guests feel all warm and generous.
- Garden parties = Casual classiness. Without champagne, it’s just a barbecue.
- Bow-chika-bow-wow… Romance is in the air. Champagne and strawberries is the definitive “Let’s get it on” snack.
- You’re in advertising. Calm everyone’s nerves with a round of Esquire’s Mad Men-inspired French 75s.
- Breakfast. Mimosas. Brunch. Also mimosas.
- You spot a thirsty woman. If we’re to listen to Lord Byron, “A woman should never be seen eating or drinking, unless it be lobster salad and Champagne, the only true feminine and becoming viands.” We’re not sure we agree, but who’s going to turn down free champagne? Not us.
- You’re in a limousine. Or a music video. Or a VIP area. Again, classy AF.
- The champagne cocktail. Maybe you’ve never had one of these and that is reason enough.
- You can’t afford a bad first impression. James Bond (Roger Moore) rightly pointed out, “Any man who drinks Dom Pérignon ’52 can’t be all bad.”
- You’re feeling jazzy. A great accompaniment to moody jazz is a Black Velvet, made with stout and champagne.
- You went to France so carpe diem and all of that – You can’t come back without a bottle from the original home of sparkling wine to share with friends.
Thought of a reason we missed? Leave it in the comments below or tweet it to us.
And to get your next classy event off the ground, download the free SquadUP app—it simplifies the process of inviting guests, managing ticket orders, and much more.